Who We Are:
GROW Ministries is a Christian Non-Profit Homeschool Organization serving the Austin, TX community and surrounding area since 2013. Our group offers a variety of activities to enrich your homeschool experience including serving opportunities, play dates, moms fellowship gatherings, field trips, and more!
What We Do:
GROW provides a Christ Centered homeschool social environment and community to get plugged into. We have served the community from 2013, helped cultivate life long friendships and many memorable events along the way. Our leadership team is comprised of volunteer homeschool moms, and led & founded by Courtney Messick.
We plan most of the events for you so that you can focus on building friendships and enjoying homeschooling alongside your children. We keep a full and active calendar planned well in advance that fits right into your homeschool schedule. Our core ministry is for moms that are seeking connections with other moms on an intimate level, and also cultivating the hearts of our children for a love of service for others. We are dedicated to fostering a tribe of homeschool families that glorify God in all we do.
What Membership Includes:
- Monthly Moms Fellowship Meeting (Currently Meeting in Liberty Hill TX)
- Service Events
- Monthly Park Play Date
- Monthly Field Trip
- Moms End Of Semester Dinner Out – December & May
- Educational Workshops
- Annual Events: Valentine Party + Back to School Bowling (These events are subject to change without notice)
- Various Homeschooling Resources
- Occasional Teen/Tween Events
- Full Access to Membership Event Calendar (August – May)
- Access to our Membership Facebook Group Page
What We Require of You:
- A commitment to attend 2 moms fellowship meetings per semester.
- Commitment to plan one event. Leadership will assist you.
- You have at least one child currently homeschooling.
- An annual family membership fee of $30 (This covers the cost of venue rentals and deposits to plan some events in advance for the school year.) This fee does not cover the cost of field trips, cost for specific events, or additional cost (supplies, fees, food etc.) not associated with venue rentals.
Required Paperwork – Download Here:
- GROW Ministries Statement of Faith
- GROW Ministries Family Membership Code of Conduct Agreement
- GROW Ministries Inc-Release of Liability
- GROW Ministries Parent Volunteer Form
How to Join:
- We will need all your completed paperwork submitted via email or in person with a photo of your family (photo may be digital or print and is not necessary if you are a previous or returning member).
- If you are not a returning member please include your full name, children’s names, and a brief bio about your family in your submission email.
- Once your paperwork is received and approved we will invoice you (we will invoice the email address that you submitted paperwork from unless otherwise noted) for your membership fee or you may pay in cash or check at orientation.
- Once we have your membership paperwork and fee we will add you to our Facebook Group Page. Please go request to join our Meetup – this is where you will RSVP to events.
What to Expect After Membership Enrollment:
Events- Once the event is open for RSVPs or attendance we do require that you keep track of your families RSVP or removing your RSVP when necessary. Please be courteous to other families and keep your RSVP current. We will have some events that have a numerical cap, we will take back ups or have a running wait list for most events in case of cancellations. RSVPs are important for required headcounts and event planning, thank you in advance for your cooperation. Once we announce an event the RSVPs are taken on a first come basis. To RSVP or access the event calendar visit Meetup.
General Event List:
- Moms Fellowship Meetings – 1st Wednesday Monthly
- Field Trips – 2nd Friday Monthly
- Park Play Date – 3rd Friday Monthly
- Educational Workshops – 4th Friday Monthly
- Teen/Tween Events – Sporadic
Refunds- We will refund your cost to an event with an adequate amount of notice – 3 days prior. We will also refund in full if an event has been cancelled due to unforeseen weather conditions, however if the field trip or event continues on despite the weather and you just happen to find the weather unfavorable to your personal liking we can not offer a refund last minute.
We have No Religious Affiliation with Peace Lutheran Church, However they have been so gracious to allow us use of their facility and we are extremely grateful.
Nursing babies are welcome at our moms only fellowship gatherings.
If you want to join but the requirement of attending the moms gatherings are keeping you from doing so, please contact us. We can offer an exception during your current season until you are able to make more of a commitment to the moms fellowship gatherings twice per semester. Reach out to us for details.
If you have ANY questions about membership or GROW Ministries as a whole please reach out to us! We would love to assist you in any way we can.