Simplify Your Life And Your Homeschool Lesson Planning
Grace, Grow & Edify is dedicated to recommending quality resources to benefit homeschooling families. This blog contains and is monetized through sponsored posts and affiliate links. Please see our full disclosure policy for detailed information.
Simplify Your Life And Your Homeschool Lesson Planning
Over the years, I have tried every type of homeschool lesson planner. Paper, digital, and all the cute teacher’s planners that can cost an arm and a leg. I am kind of a planner freak! But of course, homeschool lesson planning takes some effort. If you are planning for more than one child, you know, that can be a lot to manage.
I recently was introduced to Homeschool Planet. It is an online and printable lesson planner with a multitude of desirable features for a homeschool mom.
I have to confess, I am generally a pen to the paper type of gal. But now that I got the chance to dive into all that Homeschool Planet has to offer, I am blown away! Why have I resisted the technology of online planning for so long?
Homeschool Planet: An Online and Printable Homeschool Planner
Let’s start with my favorite features from Homeschool Planet, I am so excited to share all the details with you.
- Calendars: You can create multiple calendars for yourself or your students and view them all at once. This was convenient, and there is an option to view your Google calendar inside Homeschool Planet. I could see my husband’s work schedule while I created lesson plans. This is important for us because, as a homeschool family, we create our homeschool calendar around daddy’s work schedule.
- Resource View: This is where you can see ALL your teaching resources in one place, DVDs, websites, and books. I liked this feature, especially when you need to remember to go to the library and find a resource before starting the lesson. Have you ever sat down to homeschool a child and realized you don’t have the necessary materials? Yep, I am pretty sure it happens to the best of us, but this feature helps you keep a handle on that.
- Separate Logins: You can create logins for children old enough to manage their own work. This is such a useful tool when cultivating independent homeschoolers. My daughter loved the fact that she could check off her homeschool lessons and work. She could also change the widgets of her planner and personalize it to her. You, the parent, can completely control what you allow them to have access to within the planner.
- Daily Digest: Anyone who you have created a login for will receive a reminder email daily with their separate schedule, assignments, and chores. Yes, I just said chores! This was awesome. Every day in my email box was a reminder that way, and I never forgot anything. This feature would be ideal for a large family.
- Homeschool Lesson Planning: You can add your assignments, with the web-links, and notes. Now, this was especially impressive if you purchase one of their lesson plans like the Brave Writer Lifestyle Lesson Plan Bundle. (You can purchase items like this from the Homeschool Planet Lesson Plan Marketplace.) I purchased lesson plans, and they seamlessly integrated into my lesson plan calendar. Yes, I didn’t have to spend hours planning or writing things down, it dropped the lesson plans right into our homeschool calendar. Talk about a time saver!
- Shopping Lists: Yes! I love this, home + schooling all in one. You can create multiple shopping lists in the same planner, and text it to your spouse on the way home from work or sent to your smartphone. I set up my grocery list and Costco list. It was so simple to set up and manage.
Homeschool Lesson Planning Made Easy
Those aren’t even ALL the features! There are grading options, attendance tracking, create a transcript, and multiple widgets for things like meal planning, send text messages, and research for projects. If you enjoy keeping track of grades, this is definitely beneficial for homeschool record keeping too.
Oh, and I have to mention the weather widget. As homeschoolers, our day depends heavily on if we get to go outside. So having that widget right there saved me time from looking up the weather conditions each day!
I have never seen a planner with more options to integrate into one place, it feels like those super organized home command centers we all drool over on Pinterest, but an online version. Being organized makes me a better mom, seriously.
I was so impressed with this planning system. You literally can plan home, school, and work or projects all in one place. Another wonderful perk, as if there aren’t enough yet, is that I can print it when needed. There is significant flexibility in that for me, and flexibility is essential to a homeschool family.
I also have to confess that I was a bit apprehensive when I thought about learning another new program. Because I am not the most technologically inclined mom, I was worried I would waste a lot of time figuring it all out. But I promise you it took minutes to set up and go.
I am so thankful I got the opportunity to try this out; it’s an easy and beneficial resource to add to my homeschooling toolbox. I love anything that saves time and keeps my homeschool running smoothly.
I would definitely recommend this homeschool planner for organized moms and unorganized moms alike. I think it can help you stay organized and help you become more organized if you struggle in that area.
ORGANIZE YOUR WORLD with Planet Homeschool
Homeschool Lesson Plans
Another amazing offering is lesson plans. One of my favorites as a homeschool group leader is the free Virtual Field Trip Lesson Plans. I love this idea!
A virtual field trip already planned out for your student with a teacher’s guide to each trip, activities already planned and ready to use, and online resources already in place if you want to dive deeper into one of the trip’s information.
If you are wondering how you could incorporate this into your homeschool. Or you don’t see the full value of the Virtual Field Trip Lesson Plans yet…think about days when mom is sick! This is awesome, a full homeschool day already planned out.
Or, have you ever been scheduled for a field trip and good old mother nature strikes? A cancelled field trip is the pits! Your kids are so disappointed that you may be stuck inside for the day. But this is where you can turn the whole day around and it’s waiting for you to use anytime.
Go take a look at homeschool planet! TRY IT FREE for 30 DAYS
Add A Comment